I really only do 1 summer job and that is raking hay in our fields. Ashley and I take turns raking. We drive a Case International, no cab, no radio and no air conditioning. For one field it usually takes one day. We leave the house at usually 9 o’clock in the morning, come back home at dinner time, go back to the field at 1 o’clockish, come back home at suppertime and then leave again at 7 o’clock. After the field is done we go home. We start this at the end of June and ends in September. Sometimes if I’m lucky mom will go to Pipestone and get me an ice cream drumstick. It goes my grandpa cuts, Ashley or I rake and my dad bales. It gets really boring driving in circles, lines and ya. Now here’s a funny story….once upon a time there was a girl named Deanna. One day she was out raking the field and then she went to turn around to the next row. When she was half way down the row she turned around and realized that the rakes were up and that nothing in the two rows she just did wasn’t raked. She got mad and then turned around and started those rows again. Her father named Darcy started laughing at her. The End.
I also mow our lawn. It is also very very boring. Our lawn is really big. We have to do behind the house, in front of the house, in front of the old house, behind the old house and by the garage. But its kinda fun to mow our lawn cause we have a New Holland lawn mower that has handles instead of a steering wheel. It takes a good two hours just to mow our lawn. And it really sucks because by our house mom makes us mow in one direction the whole time. It really sucks because I get yelled at because apparently I don’t know how to do straight lines.
These jobs may not be the funnest jobs to do but hey at least I make money! It makes my summer really boring but once winter comes around its all over. That is where I mostly get my money because I get lots from raking and some from mowing. We also go places but majority of the time were suck at home working. BORING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment